Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Are you still "playing house"?

It finally hit me. This industry is filled with those "playing house" and those that have grown up and are in the real world, or industry.

So many enter this business as a model because "my parents and Grandma have always told me how beautiful I am." or you think it's an easy gig because you are good looking.  You are still "playing house".

"Playing house" is shooting with average-at-best photographers, doing lots of shoots, thinking that modeling is all about YOU looking good.  Sorry, but that is not what modeling is.

I think a pretty good definition of a model is someone that can sell a product or service, in print, video or audio.  You draw attention to whatever it is you are selling by your looks and gesture but you have the ability to transfer the attention off of you and to the product/service.

When you quit playing house, you'll be able to move upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment