Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Problem with Blogs . . . .

. . . . is that you have to continue to write and update them!!  Been a while since I posted but I had a good laugh this morning and wanted to share.

Some may know or have seen that I have been trying to shoot a LOT of fashion lately for practice to be able to put together a separate portfolio to take to agencies.  Well today, after going thru a ton of email that I received I found an old message. It had the requested information, photos, etc and phone number.  When I want to work with someone, it requires that timely phone calls are made and accepted.  This response was from Jane (a fake name I am using here to protect the stupid) and had the phone number, so I called it and explained who I was and why I was calling and I hear "Click".  We've had bad storms here so, OK, phone problems?......I'll call again.  Second time went right to voice mail so I waited and tried again. It rang the obligatory 3-4 times, went to voice mail and I left a polite message that we were disconnected, and left my number.

5 minutes later, my phone rings and I answer to hear no one there until I asked for the 2nd time "can you hear me?"  Well it was Jane and she said "STOP CALLING ME, I'M NOT INTERESTED!"  Taken by a flashing moment in my mind thinking, SHE was originally contacting ME, I responded "You first contacted me with your number.. have a good day."

Listen here people!! . . . Don't answer a casting call with all the correct, requested information if you are going to go off the deep end like this.  I just got a good laugh and moved on. There are plenty of good professional folks out there but too bad you have to wade through the piles of people whose elevators do not go to the top floor.

I have heard from many models about the creeps out there and I know there are some less than credible people out there in all areas of this industry (just like any other industry).  So a word of advise, if you want to succeed - learn to effectively communicate in all forms of today's communication technology.


Nuff said.... Have a great day!  Someone I know well always says "Attitudes are free - why not take the best one?"

No comments:

Post a Comment